Aircraft Technical Publications (ATP) is aware that the security of your private information is an important concern.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously.
Personal data means any information which may lead to your identification (Personal Data). This Privacy Statement explains which data we collect and how we use and protect the data collected. This Privacy Statement applies to any Personal Data that we process.
- Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
- Controller means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
- Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment, or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements.
2. Contact Details
Please contact ATP with any problems, questions, or suggestions that you may have. The constant development of the internet requires occasional adjustments to our Privacy Statement. We retain the right to make changes when necessary.
General Contact Information: https://www.atp.com/contact-us/
3. Collection of Data
You can use our website or apps without actively disclosing Personal Data. You are not required to actively provide Personal Data as a condition of using our site, except as may be necessary to provide you with a product or service at your request. However, as part of the standard operation of the website, certain data is collected automatically or passively from or about you in connection with your visit to the website or use of the application.
When you visit and access our website, the following information is automatically stored in log files: Internet Protocol (IP) address, date, time, browser request and general information on your operating system and browser. This data may be used to improve the content and usefulness of this website, to understand your usage of the website and to customize content based on your usage.
“Site Usage Information” includes, but is not limited to:
- your browser type, device type, carrier (if applicable), device address, operating system, operating system address, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed a site.
- information about your region, continent, country, city, postal code, time zone, and general location; and
- information about your browsing activities on and through a site (Also known as “click stream” data), such as:
a. The date and time you visit one of the sites.
b. The areas or pages of a site that you visit.
c. The amount of time you spend viewing a site.
d. The website or pages you visited prior to visiting a site.
e. The websites or pages you visit after you leave a site.
f. Social plug-ins with which you have interacted on our site.
g. Other similar site usage data.
This data, which is collected automatically or passively from or about you could possibly lead to your identification, but it is not used by us for that purpose. You may furthermore actively provide Personal Data through various forms to inquire or receive information, products and more. In each case such Personal Data will be used to fulfil your request (e.g., placing an enquiry or order, signing up for a newsletter).
Even though we may be able to combine this data actively provided by you with the data collected automatically or passively from you, we do not do so. With regard to the Personal Data provided by you e.g., for products or services you have requested, or for other purposes you have authorized, we rely on technical and organizational means to assure that applicable data security regulations are followed.
4. Processing of Personal Data / Transfer of Personal Data
The database containing your Personal Data remains at our company and stays with data processors or servers acting on our behalf and responsible to us.
In case you have questions relating to your Personal Data and potential transfers of your Personal Data and the potential protections taken connected to such transfers, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to the Controller of your data or contact the Controller at the address as set forth above under Section 2, Contact Details.
5. Purposes of Use
The Personal Data that you actively provide us with will only be used for the purpose for which you provide such data e.g., for supplying you with the requested products or services or for other purposes for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law. The data which is collected automatically or passively from or about you is used from time to time e.g., for statistical purposes (please see our Cookie Notice).
ATP uses technical and organizational security precautions to protect your Personal Data from manipulation, loss, destruction, or access by unauthorized persons. Any Personal Data that is provided to ATP by you will be encrypted in transit to prevent its possible misuse by third parties. Our security procedures are continuously revised based on new technological developments.
In light of the importance of protecting children’s privacy, we do not collect, process, or use on our website any information relating to an individual whom we know to be under 16 years old without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative.
8. Right of Access to, Rectification, Erasure or Restriction of Processing, Right to Object to Processing, Right to Data Portability
You have the right to request from the Controller
- access to and
- rectification or
- erasure of your Personal Data or
- restriction of processing of your Personal Data. As well as you can
- object to the processing of your Personal Data.
In addition, you have a right to data portability. Just send an e-mail to the Controller of your Personal Data: [email protected] or contact the Controller at the address as set forth above under Section 2, Contact Details.
9. Right to Withdraw Consent at Any Time
You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for the future. For clarifications sake such withdrawal will, however, not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, send an e-mail to the Controller of your Personal Data: [email protected]
10. Data Retention
We only retain Personal Data for as long as is necessary for us to render a service you have requested or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law (e.g., in connection with a pending litigation). With regard to data collected by third party cookie or related technology providers please refer to our Cookie Notice.
11. Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
If you are domiciled in the EU, you may have in addition the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case you do not agree with the processing of your Personal Data.
BY PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA TO US AND BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
To customize your browser’s cookie settings:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Microsoft Edge – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-bb8174ba-9d73-dcf2-9b4a-c582b4e640dd
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Apple Safari – https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac
Please also refer to our Privacy Statement. Our Privacy Statement generally describes the collection, use, disclosure, transfer, and storage of information that is collected from users of and/or visitors to our website.
The processing of your personal data by cookies and similar technologies is justified based on art.6(1)(f) GDPR (to realize a legitimate interest) e.g., to improve our website and more.
1. What are Cookies and related technologies?
In some websites, so-called Cookies (or related applications) are used in order for us to improve the efficiency of your individual use of the website. A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your web browser, or your computer or device, when you access and/or use a website, which stores text that can later be read back by our web server or third parties. Cookies are used to recognize your browser and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our website in the past and relate your use of our website to other information about you, such as your Site Usage Information (see thereto the Privacy Statement) or personal information collected through other means. Cookies may be “session” cookies (i.e., last only for one browser session) or “persistent” cookies (i.e., continue in your browser until they expire or are affirmatively deleted).
2. How can I manage these technologies?
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of Cookies. Most browsers accept Cookies by default. Depending upon your computer and mobile devices, you may be able to set your browser to control Cookies on your computer and mobile devices. If you do not want to receive Cookies, you may adjust your browser’s settings to reject or delete Cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser, which are usually located within the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” menus. Deleting or rejecting Cookies may impact your ability to effectively interact with our Online Services, third party websites or advertisements or otherwise limit your experience, including your ability to find pricing and availability of products and services in your area.
3. Social Bookmarks
Social bookmarks (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn) enable users of certain social media platforms to display links to individual pages on their corresponding social media profiles, to save them as bookmarks or to share them with their social media contacts. Whenever you click on social bookmarks, you are sending identifying data to the respective social media platform. If you do not want to do this, you should not activate the social bookmarks. To find out more about the collection of data or processing and use of the former by social media platforms, please refer to the data privacy policies of the individual social media platforms.
For clarifications sake: None of the comments and/or activities written or undertaken by people who use these social bookmarks are monitored or supported by ATP. ATP cannot be made responsible or liable for any form of use.
Last updated: 06 January 2022.
This policy could change at any time for improvement reasons. We encourage you to check back frequently.
LEGAL NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
All content on this website is for information purposes only. Aircraft Technical Publications (ATP) reserves the right to make changes to the products and specifications described at any time. This website does not represent a binding offer or an obligation of any kind.
All text, images, charts, logos, sound clips, and videos on this website are the property of ATP and may not be copied or transmitted without its prior consent. Furthermore, ATP shall not be liable for the content of this website under any circumstances. The user shall not be granted rights of any kind as a result of using this website.
ATP hereby refuses to make any guarantee, either explicit or implicit, in relation to consequential damage or damage or loss of any other kind resulting from or in connection with the use of the information available on this website. The customer opinions expressed in the videos on this website are based on their own experiences and opinions and do not represent the opinions or views of ATP.
ATP shall not accept any liability for the content of external links. The content of external links is the exclusive responsibility of their operators.
VeraSafe has been appointed as ATP’s representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are in the European Economic Area, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to [email protected], only on matters related to the processing of personal data.
To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
Plaza de la Solidaridad 12, Floor 5
This policy could change at any time for improvement reasons. We encourage you to check back frequently.
Last updated: 1 February 2022.